How to Get Ready for Your Video Shoot
Through our years of experience with filming corporate videos and other video projects, we have made a lot of valuable observations that can benefit participants involved in filming and production. Below is a guide that we have compiled and now provide to our clients to help them get ready for the shoot.
How to prepare:
Rest, food and hydration are key. We want you to feel and look your best! This means getting a good night’s sleep and water beforehand (and during) is a must. We also recommend eating a light meal in advance, avoiding milk or yogurt – as it can impact your voice quality.
Even if we are doing a casual testimonial or interview, prepare some talking points to reference so we can keep everything on track.
Inform any staff and/or customers of the shoot. This just gives them the opportunity to prepare or convey any concerns prior to the day of the shoot.
What to wear:
- Wear comfortable, natural-looking and fitted clothing.
- Solid colors are safest.
- Neutrals, soft blues and browns are recommended.
What not to wear:
- Try to avoid “hot” colors, like hot pink, green, yellow, purple, orange, etc.
- Avoid close, high-contrast patterns like pinstripes or corduroy, as they can result in a weird “wavy” (moiré) effect and it can look like there are lines moving all around your clothes
- Avoid flashy or oversized jewelry; it has a tendency to reflect light in odd ways and it can also make unwanted noise when you’re mic’d up
- If we’re using the green screen, most importantly, please do not wear green. White and reflective accessories also tend to pick up green, so we recommend keeping jewelry at a minimum and not wearing, or wearing very little, white.
- Please refrain from wearing clothes with unrelated writing, brands, and icons, as they would likely need to be blurred out in post-production.
When you work with the Brave Dog team, we strongly encourage you to let us know if you have any questions or needs. Our goal is to not only create a fantastic video that meets and exceeds your expectations, but to make your entire video project experience to be fun and enjoyable.
Contact us today to discuss your project!